Hello friends and family! I hope you are doing well amidst all the craziness of 2020. I figured it has been a while since I wrote on mine and Christopher’s blog and so I thought I’d share some updates. I hope you enjoy the post, and if you haven’t done so, make sure to follow the blog so you can get notifications in your email each time I write something new.
2020: The Year We Didn’t Expect
Boy, I don’t think anyone was expecting a year like this one has been. From the insane weather around the globe, to the pandemic and election, this year has been a doozy. As some of you may know I work as a teacher’s aid at the Lutheran school about twenty minutes from home. Well back in March, due to the pandemic, I was laid off until the summer when I only was able to pick up a few days over the course of two months. Thankfully, however, Chris was able to work from home the whole time. Chris and I would joke because we have been praying for him to either be able to work 100 percent remote or get another job that is looking for remote work only, yet we weren’t expecting it to be because of a pandemic. Even through the craziness of this year, and the government keeping everyone in quarantine I don’t think Chris and I expected to still be here in Illinois. One thing I’ve been grateful for recently is the ability to spend more time with the Lord in the mornings through my devotions and meditation. I think the Lord has been showing me where I place my trust and what I tend to run to when stressed out. It has been a hard revelation, but I’m trying to shift my focus on the Lord and learn to run to Him before anything else. Thanks to everyone who has called, texted, and send messages letting me know you are praying for me. Even though I enjoy alone time, at the core I am a people person, and this has been hard for the anxiety.
- Angela’s emotional state: Please keep lifting me up in regards to the anxiety. This year has been hard on a lot of people, especially those who deal with mental illnesses. Pray I will continue trusting the Lord and releasing my fears and anxiety over to Him.
- Chris’ Job: Pray the stress of Chris’ current job would diminish and that he would hear from another one – we feel called to NC or the Knoxville/Gatlinburg, TN area and so please pray God would open the door for us to find a job for Chris in one of those places.
- Finances: If you’re anything like me, this year has been hard being home 24/7. Because of this you might find yourself spending much more time online purchasing stuff. Please pray Chris and I would be wise with our finances and begin getting our debt paid off, especially since I would love to finish my schooling to become a teacher in the next two years.
- Schooling: Currently, I’m taking Spanish classes online, but I would love for the finances to come in so I might be able to get my teaching degree and certificate. I’m praying God would open the door for this and bring the money forth since I am not able to get any school funding and the current job I’m at will not pay for it.
- Family members health: As some of you may know my dad, Rick, is dealing with some health issues. He is waiting on a transplant for new kidneys and a liver. Please keep him in your prayers. Also Chris lost his aunt a few weeks ago and the family could use prayers for comfort. This has been a hard couple of years for his family as Chris lost both uncles and his aunt(one of the uncle’s wife).
- Home Repairs: There are a lot of major home repairs that need to be done in our home; from fixing the roof because of the weather(The insurance comp. still has not gotten back in touch with us), to getting our chimney in order so we can finally use it, to getting both bathrooms updated and fixed. Please pray that God will bring the money our way to make the repairs we need before things get worse. Thanks.
- Our Nation: Right now there is so much unrest when it comes to politics and racism, please agree with us as we pray for God’s will to be done in the United States of America and the peace and unity only He can bring.
- Rick – Angela’s dad: He is finally getting his retirement and SSC disability, they are now just waiting on his service connection with the va.
- Chris is working from home: Unfortunately it was due to a pandemic and quarantine, but Chris is able to work from home so it is still a praise report.
- Possible job opportunity for Angela: So upon the day of writing this (Nov. 11, 2020), I’m waiting to hear back from a job closer to home and with more pay/hours. I would love to get it until God moves us for Chris’ job. I’m also believing that however long we are here for, I will be able to pay off some school debt so when I do go back to school I will have enough saved up for each semester. For now, I thank God that there is a possibility of a new and better job.
Thanks everyone for your prayers and support. Chris and I both feel and appreciate them all.
Until next time,
Chris and Angie Frantz