Hello friends and family! We hope you are well and having a good Christmas holiday so far! We just wanted to give some updates on how we are doing and share our monthly prayer request and praise reports. This year has been a bit crazy huh? There has been losses, laughter, and a few things that make you want to scratch your head. Yet, there is still so much to be thankful for. Before we jump in we want to thank all of those who continue to pray for us and show your support through emails, text messages and the like. Thank you.
A note from Angie
Hello everyone, Angie here! I just wanted to share something on my heart that I shared on my ladies blog today, it is about bringing peace to earth. See, this Christmas is different for everyone, not some. EVERYONE! Whether it’s the loss of a loved one this year, the pandemic forcing us on lockdown, or just not having the finances to get our loved ones many gifts – if any – under the tree. However, the song that hit me as I was drinking my coffee and doing my morning devotion was the old song, “The Bells On Christmas Day” by Henry W. Longfellow in 1864. Now instead of going through the history of how the song was created – which I think you should totally look up by the way -, I just want to share a few lines from the song below and describe what stood out to me this morning. First the one that I feel best represents 2020;
“And in despair I bowed my head:
“There is no peace on earth,” I said,
“For hate is strong, and mocks the song
Of peace on earth, good will to men.” – Henry W. Longfellow 1864
Boy if there were ever a song that best represented this year that sure does it, am I right? Well, I was thinking about this and I thought Lord, how can we celebrate this Christmas with the mess going on right now? And it was as if He showed me something I’d never seen before, almost like I read the lyrics to the song for the first time. Listen to the next set of lines.
- “Then pealed the bells more loud and deep:
“God is not dead, nor does He sleep,
For Christ is here; His Spirit near
Brings peace on earth, good will to men.”
- When men repent and turn from sin
The Prince of Peace then enters in,
And grace imparts within their hearts
His peace on earth, good will to men.
- O souls amid earth’s busy strife,
The Word of God is light and life;
Oh, hear His voice, make Him your choice,
Hail peace on earth, good will to men.
- Then happy, singing on your way,
Your world will change from night to day;
Your heart will feel the message real,
Of peace on earth, good will to men.”
Woah! Now before you rush on to the next thing just look at the third paragraph if you will, specifically where it says, “Oh hear His voice, make Him your choice, Hail peace on earth, good will to men.” Jesus showed me that His birth wasn’t just out of the ordinary and for a nice story to tell around Christmas time. He showed me that even in a world that we live in today, one filled with chaos and hatred and pandemics, we can choose Him again. We can choose to have peace on earth – by having peace in our hearts -, and bringing good will to others by showing them His love and grace. Things may not seem normal and this may not be the Christmas you thought it would be, but can I urge you to do something? Why not take a step back from the noise and remember that oh so silent night, and ask the Lord what He is trying to show you this Christmas season? Maybe He wants to show us that in our busyness of life and our celebrations we may have just lost the true meaning of Christmas. I know I have. As we prepare our hearts for the birthday of our Lord and Savoir let’s look at the lessons we’ve learned this year and how we can bring peace on earth and the gospel message to those around us.
- Both dads are better and on the mend: Angela’s dad is doing good and responding really well to dialysis. Chris’ dad is doing good and on medicine for his breathing – He has been short of breath lately and it had all of us concerned.
- Chris’ job: Chris has still been told they will work from home and will re-evaluate in the end of January. We are thankful he is able to continue working during this time.
- Angela’s Job: Angela has been applying to various locations for teacher’s aid positions closer to home and we both feel God is opening a door for us in this area.
- Extended family: Please keep both of our dads in your prayers regarding their health; Angela’s dad is believing we will hear soon about him getting on the transplant list and getting his kidneys and liver transplant, and we are believing he will get to do it Nashville, TN – there is an amazing doctor there who can do the surgery.
- Angela’s job: As stated above God has been opening a door for a job closer to home and we ask that you would continue to agree with us that everything would fall into place that needs to and in God’s timing so she can begin working close to home.
- Debt – Cancelations: We are believing God is not only helping us in using wisdom to pay down our debt, but He is going to bring breakthrough in our finances so we can not only begin partnering with other ministries that God is placing on our hearts, but also walk into the calling He has laid on our hearts (more about this at another time).
Again, Chris and I(Angie) want to wish each and every one of you a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Years, and we want to thank you for your love and support!
From our family to yours,
Chris & Angie Frantz